The Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) report on the incident, which involved a minor, has been regarded as a case of self-defense. It happened at Kimothai girls’ secondary school. The unidentified minor and his friends had accessed the girl’s sleeping quarters at the wee hours of Thursday morning on a yet to be determined mission.
The students, who were not aware that the boy was there, attacked the intruders after learning that he was there since they sensed that they might be in danger.
“The school’s guards, teachers, and students all rushed towards the dormitory to find out what was happening. On sensing danger, five of the boys managed to trace their way back to their school while the deceased was cornered by the angry students and staff.
“Sadly, they descended on him causing him life-threatening injuries. The boy later succumbed to his injuries at Kigumo level IV hospital. Crime scene detectives later visited the scene and recovered planks of wood suspected to have been used to assault the suspect,” the police report read.
The DCI went on to caution members of the public to desist from taking the law into their hands, as also recently witnessed in Masten Wanjala’s case in Bungoma.
Cases of Dorm Invasions are Fairly Common
Cases of dormitory invasions are fairly common in Kenya. Most of these are among the schools that are close to each other.
It’s almost like a rite of passage for many final-year students of boys’ schools. In April this year, over 70 students from a school in Lanet in Nakuru county were arrested after the same incident.
The schoolmates of the Anestar Bahati Boys School reportedly are said to have sneaked out of their school and managed to enter the girls’ school. When law enforcers confronted them, they had a difficult time in rounding up the boys, forcing them to fire shots in the air.
“Officers from Githioro Police Station responded swiftly and rushed to the school after the girls raised alarm. But not even the arrival of our men would scare away the defiant boys who kept hovering around the dormitory.
“Officers managed to arrest 10 of them, as others escaped in the dead of the night. The arrested were placed in custody at Dundori Patrol Base, pending further action,” a statement from the DCI read in part.
University Education and Research Principle secretary Amb. Simon Nabukwesi at the time said that a decision had been made to prosecute the students. The decision was later reversed after consultations with the County Director of Education, the County Commissioner, and other stakeholders.
According to the PS, the 70 boys ‘appeared remorseful’ and were allowed to complete their KCSE examinations in the school.
“They will face the law, there is no exemption for that, but they will have their certificates so that they can be corrected to become better people,” said Nabukwesi.
Moi’s will shows how he divided mutli-billion wealth to his children
Court documents have shed insights on how Kenya’s 2nd President, the late Mzee Daniel Arap Moi, shared multi-billion wealth among his eight children.
According to his Will presented in court, Moi left a 931-hectare parcel of land to be distributed among his five sons; Jonathan Kipkemboi Moi, Gideon Moi, Raymond Moi, Philip Moi and John Mark Moi.
He gave clear orders to his trustees at Kabarak University to share the ancestral land equally among his sons.
According to court documents, Moi also left Sh100 million cash for each of his daughters; Jenifer Chemutai Moi, Doris Chekorir Moi and June Chebet Moi.
The former President, however, did not include a contested Ksh2.5 billion parcel of land in Muthaiga, Nairobi, in his will.
The19.7-acre Muthaiga land was excluded from his Will dated November 15, 2005, and the rewritten Will a few years later.
The former chief family on the other hand wants the Moi family to pay Sh1 billion awarded to them following a land dispute.
It also emerged that Moi wrote his will in 2010, ten years before he died on February 4, 2020.
His will is being executed by his lawyer Zehrabanu Janmohamed who also serves as a non-executive director of Standard Group Plc.
DCI Kinoti lands powerful role at Interpol
On Thursday, November 25 Criminal Investigations George Kinoti has been elected to the Interpol Africa Representative Executive Committee.
He will represent Africa in the powerful global body that brings together 195 member states.
Interpol held its annual General Assembly held in Istanbul, Turkey.
Kinoti, in his appreciation speech, acknowledged the efforts put in place in Kenya and other African nations to combat extremism.
Among the strategies that our country has put in place in the management of crime, is Kinoti’s election to the decision-making table of the world’s largest police organization.
It is also a vote of confidence in the Directorate of Criminal Investigations at the global stage
DCI Headquarters hosts the INTERPOL regional bureau for East and Central Africa
It also hosts Eastern Africa Counter-Terrorism Centre of Excellence, where all counter terror related operations within the region are coordinated.
Kinoti has acknowledged the efforts put in place by member countries in crime management & called upon them to work together, especially in the fight against terror.
“The realization that we cannot fight this monster alone has contributed to the successes that we have registered so far across the world as a result of cooperation,” said the DCI chief.
INTERPOL works in conjunction with all member countries and international organizations including the United Nations to combat international crime.
About 470 police chiefs, ministers and other representatives from more than 160 countries attended the three-day meeting.
KRA officers intercept 30 women at JKIA, find smuggled gold
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Customs Officers Tuesday intercepted approximately 4.88 kilograms of gold and jewellery that was being smuggled through the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA).
This was after the officers stationed at JKIA identified a group of approximately 30 female Kenyan travellers.
The travellers were departing from Nairobi to Mumbai, India through Doha. The valuables are worth Sh31 million.
The travellers are directly associated with three female travellers earlier intercepted entering Mumbai with approximate one kg of gold concealed internally on August 19, 2021.
Approximately 4.88kgs of undeclared gold and jewellery from 15 female passengers during body search by custom officers.
The 15 women who were on board the flight were asked to cancel the flight to allow for further investigations.
The intercepted gold and jewellery has been deposited in the Customs warehouse.
KRA encourages passengers to declare all cargo/items at the Ports of entry and exit as required under the provisions of the Second and Third Schedules of the EAC Customs Management Act, 2004.
Ngirici opens up on her deteriorating relationship with Ruto
Moi’s will shows how he divided mutli-billion wealth to his children
Rick Ross & Hamisa Mobetto’s Dubai vacation makes headlines in US
Milan vs Man utd, Ibra set to return for the Game
Azziad Nasenya the Queen Of TikTOK
Bridget Achieng’s Private Photos and Videos Leaked
Business5 days ago
Section of The Mirage building in Westlands put on auction
Breaking news5 days ago
Police Investigate The death Of BBC Journalist Kate Mitchelle In Her Hotel Room In Nairobi
Gossip News5 days ago
Police recover terrorists’ mobile phones with clues on escape plan
Entertainment4 days ago
KBC hires Identical Twins to replace Badi Muhsin
Sports3 days ago
Kenyan girls win Sh6.3 Million in international competition
Breaking news4 days ago
Heavy Gun Fire Between The Police And Thugs In Kisumu Equity Angawa Branch
Sports5 days ago
Zinedine Zidane ‘not interested in Man Utd approach to become new manager’
Sports17 hours ago
Wasafibet – Diamond Platinumz launches new betting company, partners with Odibets