Connect with us

Breaking news

25-year-old Woman From Mali Gives Birth to 9 Babies.

Published

on

A Malian woman gave birth to nine babies on Tuesday – two more than doctors had detected inside her crowded womb – joining a small pantheon of mothers of nonuplets. The pregnancy of Halima Cisse, 25, has fascinated the West African nation and attracted the attention of its leaders. When doctors in March said Cisse needed specialist care, authorities flew her to Morocco, where she gave birth.

The newborns (five girls and four boys) and the mother are all doing well,” Mali’s health minister, Fanta Siby, said in a statement.

Cisse was expected to give birth to seven babies, according to ultrasounds conducted in Morocco and Mali that missed two of the siblings. All were delivered by caesarean section. Nonuplets are extremely rare. Medical complications in multiple births of this kind often mean that some of the babies do not reach full term.

Medical complications in multiple births of this kind often mean that some of the babies do not reach full term. The first recorded set on nonuplets was in Sydney in the 1970s. None of the babies survived. Back in 2009, a woman gave birth to octuplets in the US, with all eight babies surviving past birth.

You can read: Journalists Who Won In The 2021 Annual Journalist Excellence Awards (AJEA).

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Breaking news

Kangemi Flyover collapses, several trapped

Published

on

Several people have been injured and more trapped after part of the newly constructed Kangemi Flyover, Waiyaki Way, collapsed on Monday evening.

By-standers claimed that there were several people at the scene when the bridge under construction crashed, burying them.

Rescue efforts were underway into the night as well wishers and first responders moved to save the lives of those who were believed to be buried under the rubble.

By 7:00pm reports confirmed that four people had been retrieved and two were undergoing treatment at a local hospital.

The incident caused a major traffic along the busy Waiyaki Way highway at the peak of the evening rush hour.

Unconfirmed reports indicate that the portion which collapsed had been constructed over loose soil.

A number of those trapped are believed to have been road workers who were working below the flyover at the time of the incident.

According to witnesses, one pillar of the bridge gave way causing a wall to collapse.

The old Kangemi bridge was demolished to allow for the construction of a modern flyover as contractors work on the Nairobi Expressway.

The 27.1 kilometer Expressway will stretch from Mlolongo to JKIA, Nairobi’s CBD and end at Westlands along Waiyaki Way.

Construction works are being executed by the China Road and Bridge Corporation (CRBC) at an estimated cost of Sh59 billion.

The contractor has projected up to Sh3.9 billion annual profits from the venture, gained from toll fees which will be levied on road users.

Works on the new bridge were announced in February, following a notice on a diversion that would continue to serve bridge users in the meantime.

Continue Reading

Breaking news

Pregnant Woman Sues Speaker Ken Lusaka In Ksh 25M Paternity Case

Published

on

A Kenyan woman through Lawyer Dunstan Omari has moved to court to seek a court order to compel senate speaker Kenneth Lusaka to accept responsibility for their alleged unborn child.

According to a submission by Lawyer Dunstan Omari, the Speaker of the senate has been having a jolly intimate with his client since 2018.

The lawyer also revealed that their love escapades often resulted in unprotected sex since 2018.

The two disagreed two months ago after Lusaka insisted on terminating the pregnancy, something which the accuser refused. The lady claimed that she had never seen any other man during their time together.

According to the applicant, Lusaka has since refused to take responsibility for his actions. She also claimed to have undergone pregnancy complications that could potentially threaten the pregnancy. 

The lady wants the former Bungoma governor to meet the financial costs of a high standard hospital commensurate with the class and statute of the senate speaker.

High Court Judge Justice James Makau has certified the matter as urgent and directed the woman to serve Lusaka. The case is set for July 7

Continue Reading

Breaking news

Government reviews curfew hours in Kisumu and 12 other counties, restricts movement

Published

on

The government has reviewed COVID-19 containment measures in 13 counties within the Lake Basin region following a spike in the infection rate.

In a statement issued on Thursday, Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe said the dusk to dawn curfew shall begin at 7pm and end at 4am in the counties of Busia, Vihiga, Kisii, Nyamira, Kakamega, Kericho, Bomet, Bungoma, Trans-Nzoia, Kisumu, Siaya, Homa-Bay and Migori.

This takes effect from Friday, June 18, 2021.

The CS said the 13 counties have been declared a COVID-19 hotspot zone after registering a positivity rate of 21% against a national average of 9%.

Movement in and out of the region will remain restricted unless for emergency and essential purposes.

“Except for essential and emergency services, movement between the hotspot Zone and the rest of the country is strongly discouraged,” reads the statement.

All forms of physical gatherings including at places of worship in the 13 counties have also been suspended for a period of 30 days.

It has further been ordered that all funerals and interment ceremonies within the Hotspot Zone  be conducted within 72 hours of confirmation
of death.

The attendees for funerals within the Hotspot Zone are capped to a maximum of 50 persons while only 30 people will be allowed to attend weddings and any other traditional ceremonies.

“That the attendees, officiators, and facilitators of weddings, celebrations of marriage or traditional unions, ceremonies of rites of passage, and all other similar events or ceremonies is maintained at 30 persons in total until further notice,” read the statement.

Continue Reading

Trending