Connect with us

Sports

Arsene Wenger gives verdict on Kai Havertz and Timo Werner after mixed seasons at Chelsea

Published

on

Arsene Wenger has tipped Kai Havertz to become a future world-beater – but his verdict on Timo Werner is far less glowing.

 Chelsea raided the Bundesliga last summer to sign Havertz from Bayer Leverkusen for £72million and Werner from RB Leipzig for £54million.

The decision to appoint Thomas Tuchel as Frank Lampard’s successor in January was partly motivated by getting the best out of the faltering big-money signings.

Wenger admits he was “amazed” to see how long it took Havertz to find his feet, but he is sure the 21-year-old will go from strength to strength.

“I liked him and I was quite amazed how much trouble he had at the start to settle.

“He adjusted, adapted, he came back, he suffered, he spent his period on the bench and came back again. To me, he is a very promising player. I would bet on him for the future.”

Wenger was less optimistic as he turned his attention to Werner, criticising the 12-goal striker’s wastefulness in front of goal and hinting that could cost Germany at this summer’s Euros.

“I like the quality of his runs,” Wenger said of the 25-year-old. “I like his movement, but he’s not… we see his conversion rate with the number of chances he has.

“He’s not good enough to say, ‘but he will be absolutely the favourite to be the player of the tournament [Euro 2020]’.

“Because in this kind of tournaments, you have to, you need a good conversion rate.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Sports

Barcelona set 2week deadline for $131m star to decide future amid Manchester United, Liverpool links

Published

on

Dembele, who just has six months left on his current deal with Barcelona, has not signed an extension yet and will be free to negotiate with other clubs from January.

It is reported that Dembele’s agent, Moussa Sissoko, has been purposely delaying contract talks by asking for clarification about Dembele’s role at the club.

The Catalans suspect the former is looking to offer his client to the highest bidder.

However, Dembele has since struggled to live up to the price tag, mostly because of his injuries that have ruined his journey so far at Camp Nou. 

Dembele, who came off the bench in Barcelona’s previous two fixtures, has so far played only three competitive matches for Barcelona this season and is yet to go on the scoring sheet.

Dembele is still just 24 and former Al-Sadd boss Xavi believes the player is still capable of big things and wants to help him rediscover his form.

The France national moved from Borussia Dortmund to Barcelona at $131 million ahead of the 2017-18 season.

Read alsoWasafibet – Diamond Platinumz launches new betting company

Continue Reading

Sports

Lionel Messi wins record seventh men’s Ballon d’Or

Published

on

Messi, who left Barcelona as a free agent to sign for Paris Saint-Germain in the summer, was presented with the award for best men’s footballer in the world on Monday night in Paris after another record-breaking 12 months for club and country.

“I’m really proud to win the France Football Ballon d’Or once again,” said Messi. “It’s incredible to win it for the seventh time.

Messi, who wore a sparkly dinner jacket at the ceremony in Paris, collected the honour for a record sixth time in 2019 – one ahead of great rival Cristiano Ronaldo – before the awards were cancelled in 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Read more

Poland international Lewandowski, 33, who was widely expected to win last year, finished second after scoring 38 goals in 30 league games for Bayern in 2021.


Meanwhile, Jorginho finished third after a standout year in which he helped Italy to glory at the delayed Euro 2020 after lifting the Champions League trophy with Chelsea in May.

Manchester City forward Raheem Sterling was the highest-ranked England player for the men’s award, finishing 15th, with compatriots Mason Mount, Harry Kane and Phil Foden 19th, 23rd and 25th respectively.

Continue Reading

Sports

Wasafibet – Diamond Platinumz launches new betting company, partners with Odibets

Published

on

Diamond has officially launched the new betting company dubbed WasafiBet at a ceremony that brought Bongo elites together.

Through his Instagram he launched WasafiBet on Friday, November 26, and captioned it “Pesa lipo.

Due to his massive following, it was established shortly after unveiling the product with over 10K followers in hours.

The betting company’s Instagram page and Twitter handle gained more than 10,000 followers in less than one hour after Diamond’s launching.

WasafiBet Instagram page hints that the company have an association with a Kenyan betting company Odibets.

Continue Reading

Trending