Connect with us

Gossip News

DR Congo announces ‘state of siege’ in two provinces

Published

on

The Democratic Republic of Congo announced a “state of siege” late Friday in two provinces in the east of the country wracked by violence from armed groups and civilian massacres.

“Taking into account the gravity of the situation… the president informed the cabinet of his decision to proclaim a state of siege in the provinces of North Kivu and Ituri,” said Patrick Muyaya.

He said details of what the measure would entail would be released publicly in the next few hours. 

Under DRC’s constitution, the president can declare either a state of emergency or a state of siege “if severe circumstances immediately threaten the independence or integrity of the national territory, or if they interrupt the regular functioning of institutions”.

On Thursday, President Felix Tshisekedi said he was preparing “radical measures” to deal with the security situation in the east of the country.

That followed the prime minister suggesting on Monday that a state of emergency might be declared in the east, “replacing the civil administration with a military administration”. 

An estimated 122 armed groups of varying sizes operate in mineral-rich eastern DRC, many a legacy of regional wars in the 1990s.

In Paris on Tuesday, Tshisekedi asked France for help “eradicating” one of them, the Allied Democratic Forces, from the Beni region in North Kivu.

The ADF militia are Ugandan Islamist fighters who have made their base in eastern DRC since 1995.

Branded a jihadist organisation by Tshisekedi and the United States, the ADF has killed more than 1,200 civilians in the Beni area alone since 2017, according to a monitor called the Kivu Security Tracker (KST).

The army has conducted operations against them in the region since October 2019, but has not been able to put a stop to the massacres of civilians.

On Friday, police and soldiers in Beni used teargas and whips to disperse high-school students protesting that failure.

Several dozen students had been camping outside the town hall over the past week, demanding the departure of the UN peacekeeping force MONUSCO and for Tshisekedi to visit the troubled region.

Read also;https://thebigissue.co.ke/actor-ainea-ojiambo-caught-up-in-nairobi-cbd-shooting-drama/

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Gossip News

Civil servant’s accounts frozen after audit places his net worth at ksh 138M

Published

on

According to a local media report, the frozen accounts belonged to a Senior Manager at the Kenya Electricity Transmission Company (KETRACO) which is a 100% state-owned corporation.

The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) accused the government worker of illegally amassing the wealth whose value has been pegged at Ksh138 million.

He was accused of influencing tenders at the company and has invested in various properties across the country including eight high-end cars.

EACC claimed that the employee has over 40 properties sprawled across Nairobi, Nakuru, and Nyandarua Counties.

Read also

Rihanna named Barbados ‘National Hero’

Diana Marua says it will cost Ksh850K to book her for a per show

“An order be and is hereby issued prohibiting the respondent (Njehia) his agents, servants or any other person from withdrawing, transferring, dispose, wasting and/or in any other way dealing with the funds held in the Sacco and investment accounts listed,” ruled the judge.

“Preliminary investigations reveal that the respondent (Njehia) has amassed a lot of wealth as a result of the corrupt conduct including over forty (40) landed properties in Nairobi, Nakuru and Nyandarua Counties.

“It is becoming evident that the Respondent (Njehia) has unexplained assets disproportionate to his known legitimate source of income and specifically his salary as a public officer,” stated EACC in court documents.

Continue Reading

Breaking news

22-year-old female terror suspect makes shocking revelations about Alshababb after being arrested

Published

on

According to a police, OB report number 27/30/11/2021 filed at Songhor police station in Tindiret sub-county.

The 22-year-old Sheril Vugusta Lodenyo was arrested at Kamalambu village in Songhor ward following a tip-off from members of the public.

Sheril, who hails from Chavakali in Vihiga county, told the police that indeed she had links with the Al Shabaab group who she says kidnapped her in 2019 and trained her on conducting their illegal operations.

“The suspect alleged to have escaped through Lamu/Mombasa and headed to her home county where she allegedly stayed until August 2021 and later to Kamalambu to date.

Read also

Thika residents staring at huge losses after floods

Exciting times for teachers as TSC launches digital leave application

Get rid of smelly feet in these 6 easy steps

Information received is that she has been attending recent KDF recruiting centers. Motive yet to be established,”

The suspect was taken to Kapsabet police station for detention before being moved to Eldoret where the Anti Terror Police Unit (ATPU) will pick her from for further processing.

The suspect, who was cohabiting with her boyfriend, is said to have later escaped from the death-dealing terror group after which she retreated to her rural home in Vihiga before moving in with her boyfriend in the Nandi village.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Diana Marua says it will cost Ksh850K to book her for a performance

Published

on

Newly established rapper Diana B is gaining traction after releasing her first song ” Hatutaachana”yet again after revealing her rate card.

On Tuesday, November 30  Diana Bahati revealed that fans will have to incur a total of Ksh850K to hire her for a performance.

“Why are people shocked at my rate card??? Just Ksh 850,000?? Kwani wasanii wanalipangwa pesa ngapi???

For bookings call my management. Diana B on this!” she wrote on social media.

His husband during an interview he revealed that it will cost event managers and promoters KSh 850,000 to book his wife Diana Marua for a performance.

“A normal appearance when she is called to appear as a vlogger is KSh 500,000, so the management rated her at around KSh 850,000 per show,” Bahati announced.

While it may look a little overpriced, on Monday, November, 29 debut song dropped has so far garnered over 640K views with a train of comments and over 45K likes

However, the song is not currently trending on the video app.

Related topics

Bahati finally launches lover Diana Marua as the new female artist in town.

Marua claimed that she has written to Youtube to request that her channel be changed from a blogger to an artist in order to get better results.

To her, the song should be among the top trending songs as it is gaining views every second.

“Trending on Twitter #1 Trending on blogs #1 Trending on radio & TV Topics #1 Trending on YouTube .

But they are still shocked because they don’t believe it’s DIANA B! on such punch lines 😅😅😅

I think I need to drop another hot-hit rap track for YouTube to believe #1 trending is destined position! Should I drop it now? she quipped.

Continue Reading

Trending