Connect with us

Gossip News

Israel-Gaza: Fears of war as violence escalates

Published

on

More than 1,000 rockets have now been fired by Palestinian militants over 38 hours, Israel said, most at Tel Aviv.

Israel has carried out hundreds of air strikes, destroying two tower blocks in Gaza on Tuesday and Wednesday.

At least 53 Palestinians and six Israelis have been killed since Monday.

That includes 14 Palestinian children caught up in the conflict.

UN Secretary-General António Guterres said he was “gravely concerned” by the ongoing violence.

An Israeli citizen was killed when an anti-tank guided missile, fired from the northern Gaza Strip, struck a jeep on the border. Three other people were injured.

The Israeli fatalities also reportedly include a 52-year-old father and his 16-year-old daughter who died in the city of Lod near Tel Aviv when a rocket hit their car.

In Gaza five members of one family were killed in an Israeli air strike. Streets are full of rubble where buildings have collapsed and cars have been left crushed or burned.

Israel says it has carried out operations to assassinate senior Hamas officials in Gaza.

Israeli Arabs have staged violent protests in a number of Israeli towns. Lod near Tel Aviv has been put under a state of emergency.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the government would use all its strength to protect Israel from enemies on the outside and rioters on the inside.

Video footage from the city showed rockets streaking through the night sky, some exploding as they were hit by Israeli interceptor missiles.

Loud booms and air-raid sirens were heard across targeted cities, which included Tel Aviv, Ashkelon, Modiin and Beersheba, as Palestinian militants tried to overwhelm missile defences.

Anna Ahronheim, the defence and security correspondent of the Jerusalem Post, told the BBC: “To hear hundreds of interceptions and even to hear rockets fall near us was horrifying.”

The rocket fire escalated after the two residential tower blocks were brought down in Gaza. Israel said it was targeting rocket launch sites, high-rise buildings, homes and offices used by Hamas, the militant group that rules Gaza.

Hamas said it was incensed by “the enemy’s targeting of residential towers”.

Residents had been warned to evacuate the buildings before the fighter jets attacked, however health officials said there were still civilian deaths.

State of emergency

Protests by Israeli Arabs in Lod escalated to full-scale rioting, with protesters throwing stones at police, who responded with stun grenades.

The violence caused Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to declare a state of emergency in the city on Tuesday night. It was the first time the government had used emergency powers over an Arab community since 1966, The Times of Israel said.

Mr Netanyahu, who went to the city to call for calm, warned he would impose a curfew if necessary and said extra security forces had been sent there and to the city of Acre.

“The riots we saw tonight are an unbearable reality. It reminds us of sights from the past of our people and we cannot accept it – certainly not in our country,” he said.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Gossip News

Mukhisa Kituyi’s Nudes Leaked

Published

on

Presidential Candidate Mukihsa Kituyi is a man under siege.His nude videos were released today by his love, a Mombasa lady by the name Dianna Opemi. Mukhisa, is a presidential aspirant in the 2022 elections, he is said to have assaulted his lover Dianna at a hotel in Nyali, Mombasa, who later on leaked his nude videos.

The lady claims that Mukhisa allegedly assaulted her,

“He pushed me from the bed, and continued kicking me even after I fell on the floor, whereby I ended sustaining injuries on the left knee,” she claimed.

Miss Opemi further recorded a statement at Nyali police station, claiming that Mukhisa brutally assaulted her after she refused his sexual advances. 

It is now believed that the disagreement that erupted between the two could have attributed to the leaking of the bedroom video on social media.

Continue Reading

Gossip News

Cristiano Ronaldo snubbed Coca-Cola. The company’s market value fell $4 billion.

Published

on

As soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo sat down for a press conference at the European Championship Monday,he pushed aside two Coca-Cola bottles placed in front of him.

“Água,” he said in Portuguese, picking up a bottle of water and seemingly encouraging others to do the same. “No Coca-Cola.”

The simple gesture had a swift and dramatic impact: The soft drinks giant’s market value fell $4 billion, highlighting the power and impact that celebrities and influencers can have on the market.

The 36-year-old Juventus star, who has almost 300 million followers on his personal Instagram account, is known for maintaining strict physical and eating regimens and has previously criticized the consumption of soft drinks.

The company’s share price dropped from $56.10 to $55.22 quickly after Ronaldo’s slight, marking a 1.6 percent fall. The market value of Coca-Cola went from $242 billion to $238 billion, according to the Nasdaq index and the New York Stock Exchange.

The soft-drink manufacturer’s shares continued to slide on Wednesday, falling by 1.34 percent to $54.67.

The Union of European Football Associations (UEFA), the governing body for soccer in the region, issued a brief a statement noting that players are offered water, Coca-Cola and Coca-Cola Zero Sugar at press conferences and that they “can choose their preferred beverage.”

“Coca-Cola offers a range of drinks to suit different tastes and needs, which are available to players throughout the tournament,” the statement added.

A spokesperson for Coca-Cola, an official sponsor of Euro 2020, said in an email sent to the Washington Post that the company “did not have anything further to add,” to the UEFA statement.

Image

Continue Reading

Gossip News

How class 8 dropout John Pameri became a pilot and manager at Lewa conservancy

Published

on

John Pameri has made a life for himself despite not furthering his education beyond primary school.

The 46-year-old schooled up to Class Eight but today he works as a pilot and head of security at the famous Lewa Conservancy in Laikipia County.

“I don’t have university papers, I don’t have secondary school papers but I managed to do everything,” he says.

Pameri sat for his Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) exam at Olarjiju Primary School in Laikipia in 1990 and scored 321 out of the possible 700 marks.

He did not proceed to high school as his parents were unable to raise tuition fees plus the Maasai culture did not value education at the time.

“I waited for my parents to get money to take me to the secondary school level, but they never managed to, so that was the end of my education,” he said.

In 1992, he joined Lewa Conservancy as a volunteer with the hope of becoming a ranger in the subsequent recruitment. 

“I went across to Lewa Wildlife Conservancy which I walked 100 kilometers from here,” Pameri recounted in an interview with Citizen TV.

At Lewa, he went through physical and intellectual training, rising through the ranks to the position of assistant head of security. 

Four years later, Pameri enrolled for a natural resource management course at Mpulumanga in South Africa and graduated with a distinction.

Lewa Conservancy later sponsored his pilot training at the Pletermaritz Flight Training Centre in South Africa, and in 2012, he had his first solo flight.

“The communities are really proud of me seeing my life how I have grown up from a local community,” Pameri said.

Today, Pameri is in charge of 87 members of staff, including field rangers who are tasked with wildlife management, resolving human-wildlife conflict, security, and escorting guests at the conservancy.

“People speak, but wildlife doesn’t. I don’t think there is any other job I would do…until my life ends, it’s about conservation and wildlife, that is my bottom line,” he said.

Continue Reading

Trending