Connect with us

Breaking news

No Vaccine No Service Directive Gives Kenyans Mixed Reactions.

Published

on

Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe’s announcement that unvaccinated Kenyans will be denied access to in-person government services sparked mixed reactions among Kenyans.

Kagwe said that all Kenyans will be required to show proof that they are fully vaccinated before they are allowed into hotels, bars, and restaurants or access to in-person government services by December 21, 2021.

“Everybody seeking in-person government services should be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination availed by Dec. 21, 2021

Such services will include but [are] not limited to KRA [Kenya Revenue Authority] services, education, immigration services, hospital, and prison visitation, National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA), and port services.

“Those who have been vaccinated will not risk their lives serving those who have refused to be vaccinated.

The key reason why all of us need to be vaccinated is to ensure that we keep the economy going,” CS Mutahi Kagwe said.

Kagwe also made it clear for admission into public places including National parks and game reserves, hotels, bars, and restaurants one will have to show proof of vaccination.

“All indoor gatherings to be limited to two-thirds capacity with proof of Covid-19 vaccination of all in attendance,” he said

All businesses serving 50 or more people a day to put up signage requiring proof of vaccination before entering the premises and patrons to be fully vaccinated.

A total of 6,388,427 vaccines had so far been administered across the country. Of these, 3,986,501 were partially vaccinated while those fully vaccinated were 2,401,926

CS Kagwe’s directive has led to discussions on social media platforms where Kenyans are arguing that vaccination is voluntary

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Breaking news

Earthquake in Afghanistan kills at least 22 people.

Published

on

Two earthquakes rattled western Afghanistan on Monday killing more than 20 people and destroying hundreds of homes, a local official said.

The US Geological Survey registered a magnitude 5.3 quake at 2 pm and a second, magnitude 4.9 at 4 pm local time.

Unfortunately, our initial reports show that 22 people, including women and children, have been killed and four others injured,” said Baz Mohammad Sarwari

The Mujahideen have reached to some of the affected areas, but Badghis is a mountainous province, the number of casualties might go up,” he added

According to the head of the Emergency Operations Center of the Ministry of State for Emergency Affairs, more than 700 houses had been damaged.

the earthquakes struck 41 kilometers (25 miles) east and 50 kilometers (31 miles) southeast of Qala-e-Naw, the provincial capital

Continue Reading

Breaking news

Kenya orders 31 items that Google should remove from the internet

Published

on

Summary;Kenya orders google to remove 31 items from the internet

From 2020 Kenya made 14 requests to Google. This included one content they found to be a copyright infringement, one takedown for fraud, two items bordering around hate speech, and seven requests for violations the government found were not listed by Google.

The reasons for the takedowns ranged from national security, fraud, and copyright 

According to a report released by Surfshark, Kenya submitted 31 requests to Google for the content.

YouTube received 101,015 tаkedown requests in the lаst decаde, compаred to 60,898 for Google Seаrch. Google Docs, Gmаil, аnd Google Photos also received tаkedown requests.

“We receive content removal requests through a variety of avenues and from all levels of government — court orders, written requests from national and local government agencies, and requests from law enforcement professionals. 

Read also

“Sometimes users will forward us government removal requests, such as when someone attaches a court order showing certain content to be illegal.

But the tech giant stated that it always evaluates the legitimacy and completeness of a government request which must be in writing.

Continue Reading

Breaking news

Ex-Prisons boss Mwenda dies after bathroom accident

Published

on

Mwenda, who was in charge of Naivasha prison before retiring, was instrumental in introducing reforms in the facility, including an education program that now benefits more than 2,000 inmates.

Mwenda suffered head surgery after falling in his bathroom. He died at a private hospital in Mombasa two days after being admitted.

Meanwhile, one person died on the spot and two others were seriously injured on Monday night after a road accident along Naivasha-Mai Mahiu road.

The car they were travelling in rammed into an oncoming trailer near Chechnia centre.

The injured were admitted to Naivasha Subcounty Hospital.

Naivasha police boss Samuel Waweru said the car was heading to Mai Mahiu when it rammed into the trailer.

Occupants of the trailer escaped with minor injuries.

Continue Reading

Trending