Connect with us

Gossip News

Police officers arrested over escape of serial killer

Published

on

Police Inspector Philip Mbithi, Police Constables Boniface Mutuma, and Precious Mwende all attached to Jogoo Police Station, are in custody for allegedly aiding the escape of the self-confessed serial killer.

Three officers who were on duty when a suspected serial killer Masten Millimo Wanjala escaped from a city police station have been detained.

On Wednesday, police were unable to explain how the man who confessed to murdering 13 minors after sexually molesting them and drinking their blood managed to escape from custody just hours before he was to be charged in court.

They will be charged with aiding escape from lawful custody and neglect of official duty contrary to sections 124 and 128 of the Penal code respectively.

At least 20 people were questioned over the escape of Wanjala including some of the suspects who were in custody and police officers.

Buruburu Sub-County Police Commander Francis Kamau said Wanjala escaped in unclear circumstances on Tuesday night with reports indicating that he could have escaped during dinner time or thereafter as there was a power blackout at the station between 3 pm and 8 pm.

Following his arrest in July, the suspect led detectives to two murder scenes in Machakos county, five in Nairobi and two in Kajiado. Last month, detectives confirmed that Wanjala had killed four more minors in Bungoma, bringing the number of his victims to 13.

Investigations revealed that Wanjala single-handedly massacred his victims in the most callous manner, sometimes through sucking blood from their veins before executing them.

Police said the suspect was barely 16 years old when he executed his first victim, a 12-year-old girl who was kidnapped in Machakos in 2016.

Detectives established that all the murder victims were stupefied using a white substance in powder and liquid form, before being executed.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Gossip News

Xtian Dela & girlfriend Fatma Banj welcome their first child together.

Published

on

YouTuber, blogger and budding politician Aurther Mandera popularly known as Xtian Dela is expecting his first child with his girlfriend Fatma Banj.

The safe delivery of Ms Banj come months after the couple went public with their pregnancy.They shared photos on instagram from their pregnancy shoot, after keeping the pregnancy a secret for a couple of weeks.

Xtian expressed his love for Fatma and poured out his heart to her with a message filled with love, while expressing the changes he has undergone during the time they have been together.

The Blogger in a long post said:

“ Can’t believe it’s already 7 months down the line. You have CHANGED me a LOT @fatmah_banj. You’ve given me happiness, given me peace, made me laugh, cry, smile, challenged me mentally and business-wise,  you’ve become a true BEST friend and now you’ve given me the best gift a man can ask for… You’ve made me a DAD.

I’ve turned a new leaf. Clean shave, more mature and focused thanks to YOU. I’ve let go of all my negative old ways. Apologies to ANYONE I’ve wronged in the past. Starting a new chapter focusing on FAMILY and POLITICS. I MUST make Westlands and Kenya BETTER for my baby.” 

The blogger went on to apologize to all the people he has ever wronged saying he is a changed man whose focus will be on family and politics.

He noted that he is optimistic of clinching the Westlands parliamentary seat come 2022.

Continue Reading

Gossip News

Sudan protesters demand military coup as crisis gets worse

Published

on

On Saturday, pro-military demonstrators chanted “down with the hunger government” and called for General Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, head of the armed forces.

“We need military government, di current government don fail to bring us justice and equality,” one protester tells AFP.

Unlike previous demonstrations for di kontri, dem allow protesters to reach di gates of di presidential palace and little police presence na im bin dey.

Pro-government protesters don also call for rallies on Thursday in response to Saturday demonstrations.

On Friday evening, nearly a month after a failed coup, Prime Minister Abdallah Hamdok denounced “deep divisions” between civilians and military but also within these two blocks. He also declared that the transition was going through its “most dangerous” crisis, saying that the path to democracy was threatened.

Around him, pick-ups are dropping off new waves of protesters, some of whom are chanting “One army, one people”, while the security forces have blocked many of the capital’s main roads since the morning.

“There is no stability and life is too expensive,” said the 50-year-old man, whose country, one of the poorest in the world, is caught between inflation approaching 400% and an austerity decreed by the International Monetary Fund (IMF).

For their opponents, Saturday’s demonstrators are supporters of the former deposed regime. Supporters of a complete transfer of power to civilians have already called for “a demonstration of one million people” on Thursday.

Sudan’s prime minister on Friday announced a series of steps for his country’s transition to democracy less than a month after a coup attempt rocked its leadership.

In a speech, Prime Minister Abdalla Hamdok called the coup attempt an ‘alarm bell’ that should awaken people to the roots of the country’s political and economic challenges.

Authorities announced the coup attempt by a group of soldiers on September 22, saying that it had failed.

They blamed supporters of the country’s former autocrat Omar al-Bashir for planning the takeover.

Continue Reading

Gossip News

3 Cops Implicated In Serial Child Killer’s Escape Freed On Sh100,000 Bail

Published

on

The trio, Inspector Philip Mbithi, Corporal Mutuma Boniface and Mwende Mwinzi, were on Friday directed to also provide one contact person and report to the investigating officer daily for the next seven days.

Trial Magistrate Jane Kamau said that the prosecution had not shown compelling reasons to deny the officers bail or bond.

She ordered the investigation team to conclude the probe within seven days with the matter slated for mention on October 21.

The prosecution had applied for fourteen additional days to hold the suspects in custody but their application was opposed by the suspects’ lawyer, Danstan Omari, on grounds that the officers are not a flight risk.

Wanjala was considered to be a threat to the public, especially children, who was arrested some time in July but had been in custody since after investigators, on at least two occasions, asked for his plea taking to be deferred to allow them time to conclude investigations.

Soon after his arrest, he took police to at least six murder scenes in Nairobi’s Shauri Moyo and in Western Kenya where he had dumped the bodies and was taken to court days later.

In Shauri Moyo, Nairobi, police said he led detectives to scenes where he confessed to killing and dumping two minors. Another body was recovered in Westlands.

Wanjala also led the detectives to Kabete during the search where they recovered two more victims’ bodies from a river believed have been killed by the suspect.

Omari also said the suspects will not interfere with ongoing investigations.

The release of the suspects came even as police announced an end to search efforts to apprehend the escaped suspect who was due to be arraigned in court on Tuesday.

Masten Wanjala, 20, was murdered by an irate mob in Bungoma according to Assistant County Commissioner Cornelius Nyaribai confirmed his death on Friday.

Continue Reading

Trending