Russia will invite the Taliban to international talks on Afghanistan scheduled for October 20 in Moscow, the Kremlin’s envoy to Afghanistan, Zamir Kabulov, said Thursday.
The talks will follow a G20 summit on Afghanistan on October 12 that will seek to help the country avoid a humanitarian catastrophe in the wake of the Taliban takeover.
In response to a question from Russian journalists on whether representatives of the hardline group would be invited to negotiations involving China, India, Iran and Pakistan, Kabulov said: “Yes”.
On Monday, Kabulov said Moscow would not “exclude” revising the UN sanctions regime against the Taliban.
Kabulov was also asked whether Russia would deliver aid to Afghanistan, where the humanitarian crisis is growing worse, a top UN official warned Wednesday.
Unlike Western countries that rushed to evacuate diplomats after the Taliban swept to power in August, Russia has kept its embassy in Kabul open.
Russian President Vladimir Putin has criticised the foreign involvement in domestic Afghan affairs and said Moscow had “learnt lessons” from the Soviet Union’s invasion of the country.
In the 1980s, Moscow fought a disastrous decade-long war in Afghanistan that killed up to two million Afghans, forced seven million more from their homes and led to the deaths of more than 14,000 Soviet troops.
The Kremlin has in recent years reached out to the Taliban and hosted its representatives in Moscow several times, most recently in July.
Putin has also warned about members of extremist groups exploiting political turmoil in Afghanistan to cross into neighbouring countries as refugees.
In the wake of the Taliban takeover, Russia held military drills with ex-Soviet Tajikistan — where it operates a military base — and in Uzbekistan. Both countries share a border with Afghanistan.
Moscow also said it received orders for new arms and weapons from the Central Asian nations.
While the Taliban has said it does not pose a threat to Central Asian countries, the ex-Soviet republics in the region have previously been targeted by attacks attributed to allies of Afghan Islamists.
Xtian Dela & girlfriend Fatma Banj welcome their first child together.
YouTuber, blogger and budding politician Aurther Mandera popularly known as Xtian Dela is expecting his first child with his girlfriend Fatma Banj.
The safe delivery of Ms Banj come months after the couple went public with their pregnancy.They shared photos on instagram from their pregnancy shoot, after keeping the pregnancy a secret for a couple of weeks.
Xtian expressed his love for Fatma and poured out his heart to her with a message filled with love, while expressing the changes he has undergone during the time they have been together.
The Blogger in a long post said:
“ Can’t believe it’s already 7 months down the line. You have CHANGED me a LOT @fatmah_banj. You’ve given me happiness, given me peace, made me laugh, cry, smile, challenged me mentally and business-wise, you’ve become a true BEST friend and now you’ve given me the best gift a man can ask for… You’ve made me a DAD.
I’ve turned a new leaf. Clean shave, more mature and focused thanks to YOU. I’ve let go of all my negative old ways. Apologies to ANYONE I’ve wronged in the past. Starting a new chapter focusing on FAMILY and POLITICS. I MUST make Westlands and Kenya BETTER for my baby.”
The blogger went on to apologize to all the people he has ever wronged saying he is a changed man whose focus will be on family and politics.
He noted that he is optimistic of clinching the Westlands parliamentary seat come 2022.
Sudan protesters demand military coup as crisis gets worse
On Saturday, pro-military demonstrators chanted “down with the hunger government” and called for General Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, head of the armed forces.
“We need military government, di current government don fail to bring us justice and equality,” one protester tells AFP.
Unlike previous demonstrations for di kontri, dem allow protesters to reach di gates of di presidential palace and little police presence na im bin dey.
Pro-government protesters don also call for rallies on Thursday in response to Saturday demonstrations.
On Friday evening, nearly a month after a failed coup, Prime Minister Abdallah Hamdok denounced “deep divisions” between civilians and military but also within these two blocks. He also declared that the transition was going through its “most dangerous” crisis, saying that the path to democracy was threatened.
Around him, pick-ups are dropping off new waves of protesters, some of whom are chanting “One army, one people”, while the security forces have blocked many of the capital’s main roads since the morning.
“There is no stability and life is too expensive,” said the 50-year-old man, whose country, one of the poorest in the world, is caught between inflation approaching 400% and an austerity decreed by the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
For their opponents, Saturday’s demonstrators are supporters of the former deposed regime. Supporters of a complete transfer of power to civilians have already called for “a demonstration of one million people” on Thursday.
Sudan’s prime minister on Friday announced a series of steps for his country’s transition to democracy less than a month after a coup attempt rocked its leadership.
In a speech, Prime Minister Abdalla Hamdok called the coup attempt an ‘alarm bell’ that should awaken people to the roots of the country’s political and economic challenges.
Authorities announced the coup attempt by a group of soldiers on September 22, saying that it had failed.
They blamed supporters of the country’s former autocrat Omar al-Bashir for planning the takeover.
3 Cops Implicated In Serial Child Killer’s Escape Freed On Sh100,000 Bail
The trio, Inspector Philip Mbithi, Corporal Mutuma Boniface and Mwende Mwinzi, were on Friday directed to also provide one contact person and report to the investigating officer daily for the next seven days.
Trial Magistrate Jane Kamau said that the prosecution had not shown compelling reasons to deny the officers bail or bond.
She ordered the investigation team to conclude the probe within seven days with the matter slated for mention on October 21.
The prosecution had applied for fourteen additional days to hold the suspects in custody but their application was opposed by the suspects’ lawyer, Danstan Omari, on grounds that the officers are not a flight risk.
Wanjala was considered to be a threat to the public, especially children, who was arrested some time in July but had been in custody since after investigators, on at least two occasions, asked for his plea taking to be deferred to allow them time to conclude investigations.
Soon after his arrest, he took police to at least six murder scenes in Nairobi’s Shauri Moyo and in Western Kenya where he had dumped the bodies and was taken to court days later.
In Shauri Moyo, Nairobi, police said he led detectives to scenes where he confessed to killing and dumping two minors. Another body was recovered in Westlands.
Wanjala also led the detectives to Kabete during the search where they recovered two more victims’ bodies from a river believed have been killed by the suspect.
Omari also said the suspects will not interfere with ongoing investigations.
The release of the suspects came even as police announced an end to search efforts to apprehend the escaped suspect who was due to be arraigned in court on Tuesday.
Masten Wanjala, 20, was murdered by an irate mob in Bungoma according to Assistant County Commissioner Cornelius Nyaribai confirmed his death on Friday.
1 dead: How Komothai Girls defended themselves after boys invaded their dorm.
Police launch manhunt for man who assaulted his 90-year-old mother in Makueni.
The HelaSend App, The Easiest And Cheapest Way To Send Money Worldwide
Milan vs Man utd, Ibra set to return for the Game
Azziad Nasenya the Queen Of TikTOK
SHOCKING: Senior NLC Official Jennifer Wambui was found dead.
Breaking news6 days ago
Government to appeal invalidation of Huduma Namba is not illegal .
Sports4 days ago
State Makes Another Major Announcement on the agreement reached to hold safari rally every year till 2026.
Entertainment3 days ago
Tiwa Savage breaks silence after her raunchy tape leaked online
Politics4 days ago
Governor Anne Waiguru And PS Karanja Kibicho Clash Over Mashujaa Day Celebrations Plan.
Sports4 days ago
Man City hope to have Ederson, Jesus ready for Brugge clash
Entertainment3 days ago
Ndichu twins lose millions after investors withdraws from their firm after they were accused of assaulting women.
Breaking news3 days ago
First black US Secretary of State Colin Powell dies of Covid-19 complications
Entertainment4 days ago
Adele Releases ‘Easy On Me’, First Single And Video From New Album ’30’